Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Taking the path less travelled.

Welcome.

This blog is devoted to the work of my own hands guided by creativity and thought and inspired by nature and the work of great craftsmen. As I create I will photograph and video the progress so you can walk beside me in the shop.

The craftsmen who influence me are too many to mention, but most found their fame in the Arts & Crafts movement in the United States at the turn of the 20th century. The short list is Gustav Stickley, Charles Limbert, and Charles and Henry Greene. Of course, there is a notable exception in William Morris, who was British by birth and didn't live to see the 20th century. He died in 1896, but his ideas and actions influenced all those who followed.

Enough with the history lesson! Grab your tool belt and meet me at the workbench.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the table!

Handmade in wood and glass. said...

Thanks! It was fun to build.